To reduce the raw taste of the cabbage, after shredding thinly, I sprinkle 1 tsp of salt over the cabbage and mix evenly then set aside. After a while you will see that the cabbage has became limp. Squeeze away the excess water, make sure it is as dry as possible.
- 450gm cabbage
- 250g chicken fillet, poached and shredded
- 25gm shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves
- 3 sprigs spring onion, finly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chilli padi, finely minced
- fried shallots
- roasted peanuts
- Remove the central stem from the cabbage and shred finely. (see tips above)
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice, chilli padi and garlic evenly.
- Combine the cabbage, chicken, shallots, coriander and spring onion in a large serving bowl.
- Add the dressing over the salad and toss throughly.
- Garnish with peanuts and shallots.