- 500gm beef shin (original used brisket)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium size daikon (白萝卜)
- 1 tsp cayenne (花椒)
- 3 pc aniseed (八角)
- 3 slices ginger
- 800ml -1oooml beef stock (i use knorr beef stock cube)
- 3 tsp cornstarch mix with 2 tsp water
- Slice beef shin into chunks, marinate with salt, sugar, soya sauce and oyster sauce. Skin and cut the daikon into chunks.
- Heat up oil in a deep casserole and fried ginger until fragrance. Add beef and stir fry for 2 mins. Add aniseed and cayenne and mix evenly.
- Add 400ml beef stock and bring to boil. Lower heat, covered and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in daikon and top up with additional stock (depends on how saucy the dish u prefer) and simmer for another 1 hour.
- Add in cornstarch water and add more oyster sauce if necessary, covered and simmer for another 30mins.
- Sprinkle with diced spring onion before serving.
served with meehoon soup....