I love savoury muffins which can be served as a healthy breakfast or light snack for kids whenever they feeling hungry. It is definitely healthier compare to the usual sweet muffins. But if you are sweet tooth, you may find savoury muffins are not your kind of food. Luckily my kids not complaining and happily chomp down these healthy and hearty zucchini and ham muffins. ^0^
Ingredient (12 qty)
- 250gm self rising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or any of your preference herbs)
- 100gm grated cheese (I've used mozzarella and emmental)
- 125gm honey baked ham, diced finely
- 250gm zucchini, grated and squeezed away excess liquid
- 190gm buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50gm rice bran oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 200 deg cel.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add in herbs, cheese, ham, zucchini, salt and pepper, mix well using a spatula.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs and oil and whisk well to combine.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Fold till just combine. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into cup cases. Reduce oven temperature to 180 deg cel. Bake the muffins for 20 mins until golden brown or until cook through. Serve warm.