Sweet, hot crispy firecracker prawn roll which will wow your guest at the table! Its really easy to prepare too! I've marinated the prawn with some Thai seafood sauce and top with some shredded arrowhead before wrapping them into spring roll wrappers. Its best to serve them hot while they still crispy, along with the special dipping sauce which I've concocted using Dancing Chef Suki Sauce!
- 12 large prawns
- 2 heap tbsp Dancing Chef Thai Seafood Sauce
- 1 large arrowhead, peeled and julienned
- 6 sheets spring roll wrapper, cut into half to get 12 triangles
- 1/2 cup Dancing Chef Suki Sauce
- 1 heap tsp Dancing Chef Thai Seafood Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Remove head and shell of prawn, retaining the tail. Make small cut along the underside to straighten the prawn body. Marinate prawn with Thai seafood sauce for at least 30 mins.
- To make roll : Place a piece of marinated prawn on a cut out spring roll wrapper. Place some arrowhead sticks on the prawn, roll up the wrapper firmly and seal the edge with some cornflour water. Repeat the process with the remaining prawns.
- Heat some oil in a wok. Add wrapped prawn roll, in batches, fry till golden brown on all sides. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Combine all dipping sauce and mix well. Serve with firecracker prawn roll.