Oh they are so cute and sweet! Love these little baked doughnuts to bits :D Who says plain doughnut is boring? I love simplicity, it matches well with my homemade strawberry jam. Hehehe my boy can't wait to savour them while I was taking the pictures ^0^ and yes they are gone in a flash!
Recipe source : ‘我爱甜甜圈’ by Hirosawa Kyouko
Ingredient (6 doughnuts)
- 50gm cake flour
- 120gm bread flour
- 2gm instant yeast
- 25gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 80ml warm milk
- 30gm beaten egg
- 10gm melted butter
- Sift both flour into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine warm milk with yeast, sugar, salt & melted butter. Stir in beaten egg.
- Pour the liquid into the well. Use a scrapper to mix into a rough dough.
- Lightly flour hand and knead the dough for 5 mins until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and proof for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly.
- Roll out dough and cut out rounds using a doughnut cutter. Place the cut-outs onto a lined baking sheet. Cover with cling wrap and proof for another 45mins until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10-12mins.
I love the way they puffed up after baking, 100% cuteness!