Christmas is only 2 more weeks away! My family do not celebrate this particular holiday :D but I usually loves to whip up something to feel the merry merry festive :D
mixed fruits soaked in brandy
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh 'Easy Stir & Bake Cakes'
- 150gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp mixed spices
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 80gm light brown sugar
- 100ml corn oil
- 200gm mixed fruits
- 45ml brandy
- Soak mixed fruits with brandy, preferably overnight.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and mixed spices together into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Combine eggs, brown sugar and corn oil and stir till sugar dissolves.
- Coat the mixed fruits with some of the flour mixture.
- Pour the eggs mixture into the flour and fold to combine. Stir in mixed fruits at the same time.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" cake pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 35-40mins until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand for 10mins before unmoulding. Cool completely on wire rack. Decorate as desired.
I'm submitting this recipe to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie