Happy 8th Birthday to my second born! A simple non-baked mixed berry cheesecake with a moist brownie as the base. Really love the chocolatey brownie and tangy creamy berry cheesecake combination. Only flaw is that I find the cream cheese layer a little too short as I've used a 8" square pan....should have used a 7" pan instead. ^0^
Ingredient (7" square pan)
- 75gm dark chocolate
- 75gm unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 120gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 100gm plain flour
- 110gm semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 250gm cream cheese, room temperature
- 100gm fine sugar
- 200gm mixed berry compote*
- 200ml dairy whipping cream
Mixed berry compote : Place 200gm frozen mixed berries, 50gm fine sugar into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 mins until thickens, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 lemon zest. Remove from heat and set aside to cool before use.
- Dissolve dark chocolate and butter over a pot of simmering water. Cool.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla till well combine. Stir in butter mixture.
- Sift flour and baking soda over and fold till well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" square pan and spread out evenly. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 25mins. Cool in pan.
- Prepare cream cheese layer : In a mixing bowl, whip the dairy cream until soft peak. Set aside in fridge.
- Mix gelatine with 2 tbsp water. Set aside to allow the mixture to swell before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir the mixture once the gelatine melts, remove from heated pot and cool slightly before used.
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar until well dissolved. Stir in gelatine mixture and mixed berry compote.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula. Pour the cream cheese mixture on the cooled brownie base. Smooth the surface and chilled until set.