Revisiting this tapioca cookie which I last did 10 years ago! I did some adjustment to the old recipe by adding in some organic coconut oil. These delicate cookies turned out really aromatic and coconuty! This is one of the CNY cookies which I could not stop popping them into my mouth >0<. Even my kids love this coconut tapioca cookies. Not an easy task to make this cookies, from baking the raw flour to sifting it and rest it for a few days before using it. On the day of baking, the flour mixture is then mixed with icing sugar, coconut milk, yolks and coconut oil and knead into a firm dough. Another step to go.....rest the dough for another 1 hour before rolling out and stamp out the cookie for baking! Try baking this aromatic coconut cookie if you are adventure enough but is really worth the effort. ^0^
- 300gm tapioca flour (weight after baking & shifted)
- 50gm sago flour (weight after baking & shifted)
- some pandan leaves (to be baked with flour)
- 150gm icing sugar
- 100ml + 2 tbsp premium coconut milk (ayam brand)
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (ayam brand)
- Place flour separately in a deep baking pan. Tuck in shredded pandan leaves evenly into both flour. Bake in preheated oven at 130 deg cel for 35 mins, stirring once in between baking. Remove pans from oven and leave to cool. Discard pandan leaves and sieve both flour. Store in air-tight containers for at least 3 days before using.
- Combine baked tapioca flour and sago flour into a mixing bowl. Sieve in icing sugar and stir gently to mix.
- Whisk coconut milk, salt, egg yolks and coconut oil together.
- Add the coconut egg mixture into flour and lightly knead to form into dough. Cover and rest the dough for at least 30mins before rolling out.
- Dust working surface and rolling pin with some tapioca flour. Take a portion of the rested dough and rolled out to even thickness. Use your preferred cutter to stamp out the cookie.
- Place cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 25mins until lightly brown at the edge.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 mins before gently transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely before storing.