Finally completed my cookies baking for this coming Chinese Lunar New Year 2017! Let's see what have I baked ... Pineapple Tarts, Kueh Bangkit, Melting Moments, Desiccated Coconut Pandan Cookies, Chocolate & Raisins Cookies, Pistachio Shortbread, Salty White Chocolate Lavender Cookies & Cashew Peanut Chips Cookies!
I bet this year the most popular pineapple tart design is this little chicken! Glad that all my adorable chicky pineapple tarts turned out well without any of it cracking or distorted. ^0^
- 250gm cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 140gm icing sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops yellow food colouring gel
- 75gm custard powder
- 440gm plain flour
- 1 kg pineapple jam (roll into small balls, 1 level tsp each)
- sugar hearts sprinkles & black sesame seeds for decorating
- In a mixing bowl, beat cold butter, vanilla, egg, icing sugar and yellow colouring until roughly crumbly.
- Add in flour and custard powder and beat till just combine.
- Place dough onto a floured work surface and knead lightly the dough till smooth.
- Divide dough into small portions (1/2 level tbsp) and wrap with pineapple jam. Decorate as desired.
- Place tart on line baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 25 mins.
- Cool well before storing.
Recipe ref : Anncoo Journal
Nicely packed for gifting!