Nice cooling weather to enjoy a pot of hearty stew dish! Actually I'm the only one at home whom enjoy duck meat. So instead of just stewing duck wings, I added extra ingredients like beancurd, egg boiled eggs and shiitake mushroom just for them....I can have all the duck wings! ^0^
Fresh duck wings
Garlic, galangal, rock sugar, star anise, cinnamon
side condiments : beancurd, hardboiled egg, dried mushroom
- 8 fresh duck wings
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 10 dried mushrooms, softened
- 1 firm beancurd, cubed
- 1 bulb garlic
- 6 slices blue ginger
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 stick rock sugar 冰片糖
- 3 stalks spring onion
- 3 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 125ml light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 5 cups water
- Clean duck wings and remove any feather tips. Cut and discard the wing tips.
- Place all stew sauce ingredients in a casserole. Cover and boil for 15 mins.
- Add in duck wings and stir to mix well. Bring to boil. Cover the pot partially and let it simmer for 30 mins.
- Add in eggs, mushroom & beancurd. Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Turn off heat, cover the pot and let the mixture steep for a while before serving.