Love this pretty healthy quinoa salad which tasted so refreshing in this scorching weather! Easy to whip up to without creating an oily mess in the kitchen. Less cleaning less sweaty.....hehehe.....
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh mango cubes,
- 1/2 cup cucumbers cube
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 10 sweet basil leaves
Salad dressing (mix well)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve several times. Place the rinsed quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 mins until the quinoa swelled and cooked. Drain away excess away over a colander and let it cool in room temperature.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine blueberries, mango, cucumbers and dried cranberries and chill in fridge till use.
- Prepare the salad dressing and chill.
- To serve, stir in half of the salad dressing and mix gently.
- Stir in fruit mixture and shredded basil leaves. Serve immediately with the other half of the dressing at the side.
Recipe ref : veggiebelly.com