Whenever I order takeaway food from Tze Char stall, my most frequent orders are Hor Fun and Mee Goreng. Hor Fun for the kids and Mee Goreng just for myself! hahaha....Not really satisfy with the taste of this Mee Goreng, still need some fine tuning on the seasoning. I've reduced the amount of chilli paste to suit my kids so is not spicy enough for me. Though taste is not up to my standard, but my man and kids happily polished them up without any negative feedbacks. ^0^ Maybe next round I will just cook 2 adult servings spike with more chilli paste *.*
Lots of ingredients! Noodle and beansprouts not in picture :D
- 500gm flat yellow noodle
- 10 shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 piece firm beancurd, cubed
- 200gm shelled prawns
- 200gm fresh squid, sliced into rings
- 80gm green peas
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and cubed
- 1 potato, peeled & cubed and boiled till cooked
- 150gm bean sprouts
- 2 stalks spring onion, sliced
- green chilli, for garnishing
- green limes, for garnishing
Seasoning Sauce (mix well)
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sweet dark sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chilli paste (can increase to 1-2 tbsp if u want it spicier)
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60ml water
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water for 2 mins, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, fry the beancurd cubes until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in wok, add shallots and fry till crisp and brown. Remove and set aside.
- With remaining oil in wok, add garlic, peas and tomatoes and fry for 2 mins.
- Add in potato cubes and fry for another 2 mins.
- Add in prawns and squid and fry on high heat for 1 min.
- Add in noodle and seasoning and toss to mix evenly.
- Stir in beancurd, beansprouts and spring onion. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with crispy shallots, green chilli and green limes.