Finally I'm back to join this Bake Along event after resting for a long time! I've several delicious baked chicken recipes in my blog draft box, hopefully I've enough energy and time to share with you all :)
BLT salad...with homemade croutons! yummy!
- 8 slices bacon
- 250gm baguette, sliced into 3/4" cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 500gm romaine-lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Salad dressing (mix well)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Arrange bacon on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 mins till browned & crisp. Transfer onto a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Cool and crumble into large pieces.
- Toss cubed bread with olive oil. Season with salt & black pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake till golden brown, for about 20 mins, tossing halfway through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes and croutons. Drizzle in salad dressing and toss evenly to mix. Serve immediately.
First time using cornflakes to coat the chicken pieces, it does give some crunch but loses its crisp after cool down. So they are best serve immediately after baking!
Baked Crunchy Buttermilk Chicken Fillet
- 500gm chicken fillet
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- 3/4 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Combine buttermilk & chicken fillet in a mixing bowl. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in fridge.
- Toss cornflakes, old bay, thyme, rosemary and paprika in a large mixing bowl. Remove 1 slice of fillet at a time from buttermilk, letting excess drip back into the bowl. Dredge in cornflake mixture.
- Transfer coated pieces onto a greased baking sheet, lightly coat each pieces with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel, turning pieces halfway through, until crisp and cooked through, about 30 mins.
- Cool down slightly and serve immediately with salad on the sides.