I love whipping up Korean dishes in my own kitchen as it is really simple and yet not compromising in taste. As long as you get the freshest ingredients, you can easily prepare a bowl of hearty Korean seafood rice bowl and enjoy at the comfort of your own home. ^0^
Love the fresh colour of this rice dish :D
Looks like a lot of preparation and ingredients but the process is actually really simple! No stir-frying involve and therefore the cleaning up is much easier!
Steam the rice (my beloved multi-layered steamer) till water almost evaporated, place over seafood and vegetables. Cover and continue to steam till seafood are well cooked. Remove cover and toss the rice and ingredients evenly. Serve with prepared sauce!
Making of the sauce
Just mix up everything evenly and ready to be used!
Sweet flavourful seafood rice along with spicy homemade sauce...yummy!
- 1.5 cups short grain rice
- 1.5 cups dashi broth
- 300gm assorted seafood (I've used squid, prawn & white clams)
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 fresh shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
Sauce (Yangnyumjang) : mix well before serving
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Korean chilli flakes
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 spring onion, finely chopped
- Wash and rinse rice thoroughly till water runs clear. Soak the rice for 30 mins.
- Clean the seafood and drain well. Cut the squid into bite size.
- Place the rice in a steamer tray and add in broth. Steam over preheated steamer for 8-10 mins.
- Place the seafood and vegetables over the rice, cover and steam for another 5-8 mins till the seafood are thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, gently fluff up the rice and mix in the seafood and vegetables evenly into the rice.
- Scoop desired portion onto serving plate, drizzle over sauce and serve immediately.