This is the durian season you can't be missing! I've been detecting the durian fragrance from my neighbours since the starting of this season ... 榴莲飘香! Everyone in the house love durian except my son. Hahaha he find it rather yucky to just eat it from seeds! But he does not mind durian ice-cream, durian puffs etc! Actually I also find it rather 'jelat' after eating a couple of the MSW (猫山王) durian as it is really rich, thick and creamy. So instead of polishing up the 2 big MSW, I've removed the pulp from the seeds and process into by-products hahaha....The first durian dessert I'm sharing today will be MSW durian pudding! I've only prepared 8 small cups, just nice for my family, 2 each no need to fight Lol
Cooking the durian pudding mixture using bain-marie method
Mixing in the dissolved gelatine into durian milk mixture
Sieve the mixture to get smooth texture before pouring into small cups. I'm using 90ml serving cups here.
Chill in fridge till set and top with a dollop of fresh durian pulp before serving!
Oooooh so creamy and smooth!
Ingredients (90ml x 8)
- 200gm good quality durian pulp
- 50gm sugar
- 360gm milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 80gm water
- extra fresh durian pulp for garnishing
- Place durian pulp and sugar in a food processor. Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Combine milk, egg yolk, durian puree in a bowl. Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Sit the bowl over the pot and cook the mixture for 10mins, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool it slightly.
- Mix gelatine with water in a small cup, let it sit for 10 mins. Place the cup over a small pot of hot water and stir the mixture to fully dissolve the gelatine.
- Add gelatine mixture to the durian mixture and stir to mix evenly. Strain the mixture thoroughly over a sieve before pouring into mould.
- Chill in fridge until set. Top with tsp of durian pulp over the pudding before serving.