Love pandan chicken but finding the wrapping of chicken pieces with pandan leaves tedious? Try this straight forward and fuss free stir-fry version! Equally delicious and guarantee that you won't be able to stop munching away this yummylicious little drumlets infused with pandan flavour and sweet spicy sauce :D
the marinade ingredients
toss the marinade thoroughly with drumlets and chilled overnight
- 12 chicken drumlets, skin removed
- 4 pandan leaves, cut and lightly crushed
- 3 coriander roots, rinsed
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp gula melaka (thai palm sugar), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (1 tbsp coconut powder dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut the edge of drum let and pull the meat down from the bone and shape like a chicken stalk.
- In a small food processor, blend coriander roots, garlic, pepper, palm sugar, chilli sauce, fish sauce, coconut milk and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add in salt to taste.
- Place drumlets and pandan leaves in a ziplog bag. Pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and shake the mixture to ensure the drumlets are well coated with the marinade. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
- Bring the drumlets to room temperature before cooking. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add in drumlets together with the marinade and stir fry for 2 mins. Cover with lid and cook over low heat for 10 mins.
- Open lid, the base of the drumlets should be well browned. Flip over the other side and cook till browned.
- Stir briefly till gravy reduced and thickened but not too dry. Dish up and serve immediately.