The man in the house has been bugging me to make him some bananas cake, finally I fulfilled his wish today! :D hahaha you must be wondering why called it A.B.C Cake? This is actually a simple banana cake with a twist ie. with added ground almond, chia seeds and of course the bananas. Therefore I called it Almond Banana Chia Seeds Cake in short A.B.C Cake ^0^
Original recipe asked for icing sugar frosting on top, but I opted a healthier version by topping with lots of almond flakes :D
Moist and tender crumbs and I love the crunch of the chia seeds
- 3 eggs
- 120gm light brown sugar
- 125ml rice bran oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 180gm self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60gm almond meal
- 2 heap tbsp chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely grated
- handful of almond flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until frothy. Whisk in oil and vanilla.
- Sift flour and ground cinnamon over the egg mixture and fold lightly. Stir in almond meal and chia seeds.
- Lastly fold in mashed bananas and grated carrots till well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan. Sprinkle almond flakes over the surface. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins until golden brown and skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host by Doreen of my little favourite DIY.