Let's have some nourishing chicken dish tonight! Sweet and rich herbal flavour which I could not resist drenching my bowl of hot rice with the herbal broth. Love the idea of removing the skin of the chicken drumlets as this greatly reduce the oiliness of this dish and I can slurp down all the nourishing broth without feeling any guilt. ^0^
Simple herbal ingredients (red dates, wolfberries, Dang Gui, dried longans, YuZhu
- 12 chicken drumlets, skin removed
- 6 seedless red dates
- 10 pieces dried longan
- 6 pieces Yu Zhu, 玉竹
- 4 pieces Dang Gui, 当归
- 2 tbsp wolfberries
- 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of white pepper
- Combine chicken drumlets with marinade ingredients and marinate for at least an hour.
- Rinse all herbs. In a small bowl combine herbs, except wolfberries, with a cup of water and soak for 15 mins.
- Arrange marinated chicken drumlets in a deep dish. Pour in soaked herbs and seasoning and scatter wolf berries over the top.
- Steam over medium high heat for 15 mins.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.