With lots of Bak Kwa (Pork Jerky) and a little pineapple jam leftover after the festive season, I've made use of these balanced ingredients and made a fusion style pizza which tasted so fabulous! Parmesan crust base topped with lots of cheese, homemade pineapple jam bbq sauce, bak kwa, pineapple rings....are you drooling? ^0^
- 200ml lukewarm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 320gm bread flour
- 50gm Parmesan cheese
- pineapple jam bbq sauce
- pizza cheese topping
- diced bak kwa, oriental pork jerky
- pineapple rings
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Sprinkle sugar & yeast over water. Set aside for about 10mins till frothy.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in salt and Parmesan cheese. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour yeast mixture and oil into the well.
- Knead dough till smooth and springy for about 5mins.
- Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl. Cover with cling wrap. Proof for about 1 hr till double in size.
- Knock back dough and knead lightly. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. At this point of time can wrap the dough individually and chill overnight till use. Or
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough and place on a greased baking pan, pierced surface with a fork, spread with pineapple jam bbq sauce (see below for recipe), cheese , bak kwa, pineapple rings, cherry tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil all over. Rest for another 30 mins.
- Bake at 220 deg cel for 25-30 mins mins till the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Ingredients for pineapple jam bbq sauce
Pineapple Jam Bbq Sauce
recipe modified from Lunagrown.com
- Combine the above ingredients and mix well. Heat in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Lower temperature and simmer for 15 minutes stirring to avoid scalding. Allow to cool.
- Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.