Fancy a slice of low carbo pizza? As the base of the pizza is not made with flour, therefore it is not as filling compare to the convention ones :D Though I prefer the latter but this cauliflower crusted pizza still tasted good. The topping are the usual ingredients like cheddar/mozzeralla cheese, ham, pineapple and herbs, the taste is similar just that the base texture is different :D Something diffierent for a change ^0^
Mixed the grated cauliflower with egg, cheese and herbs
Spread the mixture onto baking sheet to form 'pizza' base and bake till lightly brown.
Topped with sauce, cheese and filling and bake till cheese melted....pizza ready to serve!
Recipe ref : www.recipegirl.com
- 2 full cups shredded cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried italian mixed herbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup mushroom garlic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 slices black pepper ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup diced pineapples
- Shred the cauliflower into small crumbles. Place the cauliflower crumbles in a large bowl and microwave for 8 min to soften it. Cool down the mixture.
- Mix the cauliflower crumbles with the remaining crust ingredients. Tip the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and spread it into a 10" round flat disc. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15 mins till golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven.
- To prepare topping : Spread the sauce on top of the baked crust, leaving a 1/2" border around the edge. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top. Add ham and pineapples and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Using top heat, grill the pizza for 5 mins until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut and serve immediately.