Not wanting to have a full and heavy lunch, today I've prepared a sweet and refreshing salad as lunch. ^0^ It is filling enough and yet won't feel sluggish even after a huge bowl of serving!!
Recipe source : Xin Flavours 19th Issue
- 400gm fresh Chinese yam, 山药
- 350gm lotus root, 莲藕
- 50gm red capsicum, cut into strips
- 50gm green capsicum, cut into strips
- 50gm soaked black fungus, cut into strips
- 50gm carrots, cut into strips
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp dried osmanthus flower
- Peel and cut Chinese yam into strips. Peel and slice lotus roots. (soak in water to prevent browning)
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch black fungus, Chinese yam and lotus roots respectively. Drain away water and soak in cold water for 10mins.
- Mix salad dressing evenly. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and add in the dressing. Toss evenly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
I'm linking this post to :