Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Unadon 鰻丼

Thanks to my mother-in-law whom gave me this huge slab of unagi! Just in time for me to whip up this awfully delicious quick meal for lunch today :D 






Ingredient
  • 1 fillet of unagi
  • 1 tbsp sake
  • steamed rice
Sauce:
  • 120ml low sodium soy sauce
  • 80ml mirin
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp sake

Method
  1. Cut unagi fillet into 4 pieces and place them on the baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle sake over and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 8mins.
  2. In a small saucepan, bring the sauce ingredient to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10mins until slightly thickened.
  3. Place steamed rice in an individual bowl, drizzle about a tbsp of sauce over the rice. Top with cooked unagi on top. Spoon more sauce over the fish. Serve immediately.





I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest #1 Oct 2013 : Japan, hosted by Alan from travelling-foodie


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cakeat this post.

3 comments:

victoria bakes said...

i can eat unagi anytime! on its own! yours looks so delish!

Lian said...

So delicious, I love unadon:))

Zoe said...

Hi Peng,

I have not eating unagi for a long time. Yours looks saucy and delicious!

Zoe

Related Posts with Thumbnails