This is my latest gadget in my kitchen, a 3-in-1 sandwich maker!! Yes finally able to try out this recipe which I've been waiting for quite some time! I have to stop the tiny hands from snatching away the waffles while am trying to snap some pictures hehehehe....soon they were (the waffles) all gone >.<"
before & after....
Ingredient (8 waffles)
- 120gm bread flour
- 100gm cake flour
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 50gm sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 60ml warm milk
- 1/4 tsp rum
- 50gm unsalted butter
- Combine all ingredients, except butter, in a mixing bowl. Mix into a rough dough.
- Knead in softened butter , about 6 mins, until a smooth and elastic dough is formed.
- Cover and proof for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly. Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Shape into round and rest for 20mins.
- Lightly grease and preheat the waffle maker. Place proofed dough onto the heated pan, close the lid and cook for 3-4mins until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat till dough is completed.
Recipe source : Carol's blog