Saturday, November 5, 2011

Coffee & Cocoa Cupcake

Finally try piping with 1M piping tip after buying it for so long! Quite satisfy with my 1st attempt on piping a big swirl on a cupcake :D

This will be my last posting for this month! Tomorrow me & my family with be away for whole of November..Happy baking everyone! :D










Ingredient (10 cupcakes)
  • 115gm butter
  • 90gm sugar
  • 110gm self-raising flour
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp coffee granules (dissolves in 1 tbsp hot water)
  • 1/2 tsp chocolate emulco
  • 2 eggs
Method
  1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed briefly. Turn on high speed and beat for 3mins until smooth & creamy.
  2. Spoon batter in individual paper cups and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins .
  3. Cool completely before frosting.

Cheese Frosting :
  • 200gm cream cheese
  • 50gm butter
  • 75gm icing sugar, sifted
  • 5 tsp lemon juice
Method : Beat cream cheese, butter & icing sugar till smooth. Beat in lemon juice to get a smooth & spreadable/piping consistency.

I am submitting your post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog

5 comments:

Small Small Baker said...

Pretty swirl! Have a nice holiday!

Anonymous said...

Aw, your cupcakes look so pretty :)

Elena said...

I would love to try the recipe with my sister this week-end.

Jayna said...

Hello there :-)

I am thinking of learning how to bake since a long time ago and have finally decided to do it this holiday after I come across your blog! I am really inspired/motivated to do so :-)

However, I have some questions. - - Which size/type of cake pan would you recommend? (What size would be more "universal"?)

- What would you actually suggest for beginners to bake? Cookies, muffins, cupcakes or simple cakes?

- What baking tools are essential, other than spatula, electric mixer, whisk, sieve...?

I can't wait to start baking! Thanks for taking your time to read this, looking forward to your reply! Thanks!

Peng said...

Jayna..

A more versatile size pan will be either 7" or 8" round pan, I like a loosebased pan type.

Basic baking tools will be electronic weighing scale (more accurate), measuring spoons, baking paper, mixing bowl, measuring cup, rolling pin.

Happy Baking ! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails