Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boiled Char Siew

Saw this recipe in a Chinese newspaper and it looks so simple to prepare. I only tried baking char siew so this is new to me. I do not have char siew powder so I replaced it with some 红糟 (Red Wine Vinasse). I just tell the butcher uncle that I want to make char siew, so he help me choose the appropriate section of the meat for me :D


Ingredient
  • 1 kg pork fillet
  • 120gm sugar
  • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp 红糟
  • 1 cup water
Method
  1. Combine pork fillet with sugar, light & dark soy sauce, salt & 红糟. Mix evenly. Cling wrap and chill overnight.
  2. Place marinated pork in a claypot. Add 1 cup water. Bring to boil. Lower heat and cover the pot slightly. Cook for 30-40mins till pork is tendered and sauce is reduced and thickened significantly.
  3. Cool completely before slicing to serve.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails