Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chicken Curry

These few days the weather is so hot hot hot!! but still craving for spicy food hehehe ‘以毒攻毒'. Actually this is my first time cooking curry!! can't believe right? :D I want a simple & fast process, therefore I bought a pack of curry paste during one of my grocery shopping days..do not expect me to grind & cook the spices from scratch, simply do not have that energy & time! :D

But I do not follow exactly the cooking procedure on the package. The cooking instructions simply instruct to put all the ingredients and simmer for 25mins. I've to use some common sense when comes to cooking hahaha...I marinate the chicken with some curry powder follow then stir fry a while for more flavour. I also separate the cooking time for the chicken & potatoes as the latter cook faster. The result....not too bad...actually is taste good to me! :D

Ingredient
  • 1 small chicken, cut into chunks
  • 1.5 tbsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 120gm curry paste (I used New Moon Brand)
  • 2 russet potato, peel & cut into chunks
  • 800ml water
  • 200ml coconut milk
Method
  1. Marinate chicken pieces with curry powder & salt for 30mins.
  2. Mix curry paste with water. Set aside.
  3. Heat up 1 tbsp spoon in pot, add chicken and stir-fry for 3mins.
  4. Add curry paste sauce. Bring to boil. Lowe heat & simmer for 10mins.
  5. Add potatoes & simmer for another 10mins till potatoes and chicken are cooked through.
  6. Stir in coconut milk and cook for another min. Remove from fire. Serve.

3 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

My husband think I am crazy especially eating hot and spicy food during summer. I told him the hotter the better :)

Small Small Baker said...

You sure you never cook curry before. You are such a great cook! I always check your recipes for inspiration. :)

Peng said...

ICook4Fun...same sentiments! hahaha...

SSM...hahaha really wor :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails