So happy with this agar agar as each layer stick to each other without falling off after unmoulding :D To ensure the layers are adhered well, just use a fork to 'scratch' the surface (after slightly harden) before pouring over a new layer of liquid :D Can see what fruits I added to the agar agar?? They are kiwi, mango & strawberry!! real fruits puree with no addition artificial flavourings :D I've only added a tiny little bit of green colour paste to the kiwi mixture :D Initially I've only wanted to make a mango & strawberry agar agar. Then I was inspired by the traffic light colour and wondering what green colour fruits I can used ! So the first green fruits that comes into my mind is Kiwi!
- 15ogm fruit puree (can use kiwi, mango, strawberry, dragonfruit, honeydew.....)
- 1/2 tbsp agar agar powder (I've used 1 pkt of 12gm agar agar powder to create 3 layers of fruity agar agar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Dissolve agar agar powder in water. Add soy milk & sugar. Bring to boil for 1 min.
- Turn off heat. Stir in fruit puree and mix evenly. Pour into mould and set.
Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011)