Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fruity Soy Agar Agar

So happy with this agar agar as each layer stick to each other without falling off after unmoulding :D To ensure the layers are adhered well, just use a fork to 'scratch' the surface (after slightly harden) before pouring over a new layer of liquid :D Can see what fruits I added to the agar agar?? They are kiwi, mango & strawberry!! real fruits puree with no addition artificial flavourings :D I've only added a tiny little bit of green colour paste to the kiwi mixture :D Initially I've only wanted to make a mango & strawberry agar agar. Then I was inspired by the traffic light colour and wondering what green colour fruits I can used ! So the first green fruits that comes into my mind is Kiwi!




Ingredient
  • 150gm fruit puree (can use kiwi, mango, strawberry, dragonfruit, honeydew.....)
  • 1/2 tbsp agar agar powder (I've used 1 pkt of 12gm agar agar powder to create 3 layers of fruity agar agar)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
  • 3 tbsp sugar
Method
  1. Dissolve agar agar powder in water. Add soy milk & sugar. Bring to boil for 1 min.
  2. Turn off heat. Stir in fruit puree and mix evenly. Pour into mould and set.

Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011)

16 comments:

Zoe said...

The colours are so pretty. I'm the same, always afraid that the layers would stick onto each other when making layer agar. Yours is perfect!

busygran said...

This is truly a 3-in-1, having three fruity flavours at a go! Nice pastel shades!

Hajar Alwi said...

Hi! I've always been a silent fan of your recipes but I guess this just made me come out of the shell! The colors are so pretty! I've never made agar2 with soy milk. This is definitely a must try!

Peng said...

Zoe, Busygran...tks :D

Hajar..hee tks for viewing my blog :D Soy milk is a great substitution for milk and not compromise the taste also :d

CaThY said...

I love the colourful layers, very pretty :)

Blessed Homemaker said...

Very pretty colours, I'm sure my kids will like this.

Cuisine Paradise said...

Healthy snack for both kids and adults :)

Cheah said...

This colourful agar2 will be great in this hot weather!

Peng said...

:D majority of them eaten by my boy :D

hanushi said...

This is so pretty... Pastel colours... :) Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng,

When u pour the lowest color portion, how long does it takes to harden? The balance will not get harden while waiting to be poured?

Peng said...

Hi...i din not take note of the actual time, when i feel the surface is slightly solidify, I then cook the next layer.

jonsbry said...

hello, I can not understand the amount of fruit, what you mean by 15ogm? maybe 150 grams? Thank you.

Unknown said...

Hi is the ingr amount listed meant for each layer?thank u

Peng said...

Yen Ling Ngui....base on the recipe as I've posted, use 1 type of fruit puree for one layer, as you will notice the amount is very little i.e. you need to make 3 portions if using 3 different fruits :)

Unknown said...

Ok thanks alot!!=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails