Soft texture and nice marbling but lack of blueberry flavour! The 3 tbsp of fresh blueberry puree added is not intense enough, maybe next time will try to add some blueberry essence to the batter to enhance the flavour of this pound cake.
* 200gm unsalted butter
* 6gm sponge gel
* 90gm icing sugar, sifted
* 3gm salt
* 4 eggs, lightly beaten
* 225gm cake flour
* 3gm baking powder
* 2 tbsp milk
* 3 tbsp fresh blueberry puree
- Sift flour & baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a electrical whisk, cream butter for 1 min on high speed. Add sponge gel, icing sugar & salt. Beat on high for 3 mins till mixture increase in volume & turns pale white.
- Add beaten eggs gradually until evenly combined.
- Add sifted flour and beat till evenly mixed. Add in milk. Mixture will be creamy & fluffy.
- Scoop out 1 cup batter and mix in blueberry puree.
- Spoon plain batter & blueberry batter alternately into a lined 9"x5" loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45mins. Cover lightly with foil if surface starts to brown too fast after 35-40mins. Continue to bake till skewer inserted comes out clean. Rest cake in pan for 10mins before cooling completely on rack.