Crunchy?..Chewy?....is melt-in-the mouth texture! Actually the original recipe asked for hazelnuts but I replace it with pistachios :) When I was preparing all the ingredients for baking, realised no eggs is needed! Not yet bake an eggless cookie and starts to wonder will it be an unsuccessful attempt again :p As the weather is very hot, the dough tends to 'melt' very fast as I rolled them into little balls. Luckily I manage to complete the rolling or else have to rechill the dough again! My small oven manage to bake only 20 cookies at a time, so the other tray of 20 cookies I continue to chill in fridge meanwhile baking the other one.
Ingredient (40 cookies)
- 175gm unsalted butter
- 60gm icing sugar, sifted
- 125gm plain flour, sifted
- 60gm corn flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup ground pistachios
- Cream butter & icing sugar for 1 min. Add flour in 3 batches and beat till light & fluffy for another 3 mins. (the mixture looks pale white)
- Using a spatula, fold in pistachios until evenly mixed. Chill dough in fridge for 3 hrs.
- Shape dough into small balls. Flatten slightly with back of a fork. Sprinkle extra chopped pistachios on top. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20mins. (the cookie is soft but will harden upon cooling)