Ingredient (makes approx. 50 pcs)
Besides having the usual boring porridge, I prepare some 馄饨 soup which my son can have it too. Save me the hassle of preparing food separately :) As I do not want him to consume too salty food, I have added minimal seasoning to the fillings. He manage to finish a bowl of 10 wuntuns ^-^
- 250gm minced pork
- 5 waterchestnut, peel & chop
- 1/4 cup wood ear
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 pkt Wuntun skin
- Mix all ingredient thoroughly till sticker paste form. Set aside for at least 30mins.
- Place 1/2 tsp of fillings onto middle of a wuntun skin. Spread some water at the sides of the skin, seal the wuntun tightly.
- Cook wuntun in a pot of boiling water with salt added. This will prevent the the wuntun from bursting during the cooking process.
- Drain and serve in prepared stock.
- Balance of uncooked wuntun can be freezed. To freeze, place wuntun in a single layer on a pan, freeze till hard before keeping them in a plastic bag. Seal & store in freezer till use.