Craving for choco cake decide to bake a simple dessert :) I prepare the batter the night before and freeze it. Next morning I defrost in room temperature for about 10 mins and pop into the oven and bake it.
The first attempt failed as I overbake it and the middle of the cake has fully set! Second attempt I reduce the baking time and temperature, successful though can further reduce the baking time :D...still have 2 more cakes in the freezer to test out for a better texture! This dessert freezes well and taste great along with some fruits...
- 65gm butter
- 110gm dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 40gm sugar
- 15gm cake flour
- Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Set in a saucepan filled with water over low heat. Stir occasionally until the mixture melts. Set aside to cool. (i microwave the mixture for 1min).
- Grease 6 moulds with shortening and dust them with cocoa powder. Tap to remove the excess.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolk and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine the cooled chocolate mixture with the egg mixture and mix well. Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the moulds until 3/4 full. Refridge till set. Bake in preheated oven 180 deg cel for 8 mins. Gently unmould them (i use a toothpick to loosen the edge) and serve with vanilla ice-cream or fruits.