Monday, February 5, 2018

CNY 2018 Cookies Platter



Revisiting this cute butter cookies recipe I've done previously. I love this recipe as it uses only egg whites which I've a lot in the fridge after a series of CNY baking! Love the crisp and buttery taste of these cute doggie cookies. The cookie cutter makes the cookie look effortlessly adorable. This is the most simpler cookies I've made for this Chinese Lunar New Year! ^0^ Save the easiest job to the last hahahaha.....



Ingredient (approx. 40 pcs) 
  • 180gm salted butter
  • 100gm icing sugar, shifted
  • 30gm egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 180gm top flour
  • 80gm rice flour
  • 80gm cornflour

Method
  1. Using a electric whisk, beat butter and icing sugar till creamy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla till well combined.
  2. Sift in plain flour, rice flour & cornflour. Use a spatula to fold in the flour and lighlty knead the mixture with hands till a soft dough is formed.
  3. Place dough between plastic sheet, (I used a large ziplog bag), roll flat. Keep dough sheet in the refrigerator for 30 mins. Remove dough from the refrigerator. Stamp out dough using your desired cookie cutters.
  4. Arrange on lined baking trays. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool well and store in air-tight container.


Voila....managed to complete my baking on schedule! Coming weeks I can rest and relax and go CNY shopping with my friends! You can refer to the recipes I've made by clicking here...pineapple tarts, salted egg yolks cookies and laksa cookies.








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails