This will be my last round of mooncake baking for this coming mid-autumn festival! I've managed to clear all the 2.5kg lotus paste filling I've bought. Not a lot of quantity but still more than enough to bless some to my friends and family. ^0^ This batch of 梅花酥 with osmanthus oolong tea filling will be given to my breakfast buddies tomorrow. Hope they will like this lovely fragrant flaky mooncake! 祝大家中秋节快乐！
Ingredient (16 pcs)
- 210gm plain flour
- 20gm icing sugar
- 80gm shortening
- 110ml water
- 200gm plain flour
- 120gm shortening
Filling : 720gm osmanthus oolong paste + 80gm toasted melon seeds
Glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
- Divide filling into 50gm portions. Set aside.
- Combine water dough and oil dough respectively, knead into a soft dough. Cover and rest both dough for 30 mins. Divide each dough into 16 portions.
- Flatten a piece of water dough and wrap in a portion of oil dough. Seal edge and shape round. Flatten into a oval shape and roll up like a swiss roll. Turn the roll 90 deg, flatten the dough and roll up like a swiss roll again. Spiral pattern facing up, roll out the dough into a round disc. Wrap with a portion of the filling and seal the edge firmly and shape round.
- Flatten the wrapped dough with your palm slightly. Cut into a plum blossom flower shape. Make a depression in the centre with your thumb. Glaze with egg yolk and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing.
Recipe ref : Y3K Mooncake
With some balance paste filling, I've made a few piggy mooncake and mooncake cookies!
Baked Piggy Mooncake
Mooncake Cookie, click here for recipe link