Fried rice is always a welcome dish on our dining table, won't fail to make the kids to empty their plates and asking for 2nd helping!
This fried rice is not spicy at all, maybe I've only added 50gm of tom yum paste for 5 cups cooked rice. But the taste is very tantalising, each mouthful is full of tom yum flavours....yum yum yum. Still have 1/2 portion of the paste left in fridge...what should I cook next? :)
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 100gm prawn, wgt after shelled
- 300gm squid, sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 50gm Tom Yum paste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, diced and blanched
- 100gm sweet corn kernels
- fish sauce to taste
- spring onion for garnishing
- Marinate prawn and squid lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in wok. Add in prawn and squid and fry lightly till prawn turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- With remaining oil in wok, add in beaten eggs and fry into omelette. Use the wok spatula to break up into pieces. Remove and set aside.
- Add in 1 tbsp oil in wok. Add in onion and garlic and saute till fragrant and onion is softened.
- Add in tom yum paste and lime leaves and fry for another minute.
- Add in rice and toss to mix till grains are evenly coated with the paste.
- Add in cooked seafood and omelette and mix evenly over high heat till heated through.
- Drizzle in fish sauce to taste.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.