Oh my I really like this batch of MSW (猫山王) Durian Egg Tarts! The egg custard is so smooth and creamy with very rich durian flavours! If you are a fan of durian and egg tarts, you should try this recipe out, it won't disappoint you! ^0^
Ingredient (approx 11 small tarts and 3 big tarts)
- 75gm salted butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 150gm plain flour
- pandan paste (optional)
- 150gm durian puree (using others grade of durian will yield different results of this tarts)
- 150gm hot water
- 60gm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 75gm milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine butter, sugar and egg in a mixing bowl. Using a electric mixer, cream the mixture till light and creamy. Beat in pandan paste if using.
- Add in flour gradually and lightly beat till just combine. Once it is well mixed, using hand to press the mixture together to form a dough. Do not overwork the dough.
- Cling wrap the dough and chill in fridge for 10-15 mins.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Divide the pastries into equal portions. For my tart cases, small cases I'm using 25gm, large cases using 30gm of dough.
- Roll individual dough into a ball. Place the dough into tart cases and lightly press out to line the cases.
- Chill the lined tart cases for at least 30mins before using.
- Add fine sugar into hot water and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool down slightly.
- Stir in durian puree and sift the mixture, set aside.
- Beat eggs with milk, vanilla and salt. Combine with durian puree mixture and mix well. Sieve again.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. When is ready, remove the tart cases from fridge, pour in egg mixture into each tart shells. Bake for 15-20 mins for small tart, 20-25 mins for big tarts.
Recipe ref : Annielicious & WendyinKK
Post a Comment