I like beef but I rarely cook beef dishes as the Mister at home don't fancy it. The kids love this saucy dark kway teow (rice noodle) and they are acceptable with the taste and texture of beef unlike their father....luckily hahaha That means I'm able to whip up some beef dishes once in a while when Mister is not back for dinner. ^0^
- 400gm fresh rice noodle (kway teow)
- 300gm beef fillet, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 slices ginger, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 spring onion, cut into sections
- 200gm beansprouts, both ends removed
Seasoning for beef:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Seasoning for noodle (mix well):
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp thick dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix beef fillet with soy sauce, wine, sugar, salt and pepper evenly.
- Add in egg yolk and stir to combine. Add in cornstarch, mix well before adding in sesame oil. Set aside and allow to marinate for at least 30mins.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in rice noodles and blanch briefly to remove excess oil. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok over high heat. Add in beef and scald in hot oil for 1 min. Remove and set aside.
- Add another 1 tbsp oil into the wok. Add in ginger, garlic and onion. Stir fry till fragrant and lightly brown.
- Add in rice noodles and fry for a minute. Add in seasoning sauce and continue to fry for another 1 min. Stir in chinese wine.
- Add in spring onion and beansprouts, toss and mix well. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in beef and fry briefly to mix. Turn off heat and serve immediately.