Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Rice Cooker Cranberry Yogurt Cake

Its been ages I've used a rice cooker! My old rice cooker has become a white elephant inside storeroom ^0^. Who knows I got another brand new rice cooker with purchased of my new fridge!  Actually I'm pretty excited about this new cooker as it comes with a baking function! I've read recipe on baking chiffon cake, cream cheese cake and bread using rice cooker! All their results turn out really convincing. There are plenty of interesting rice cooker cake recipes over Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and My Mind Patch  which you can refer to.  For the first attempt, I've chosen a simple butter cake to test out on my new rice cooker using My Mind Patch recipe, but I replaced the sour cream with plain yogurt instead. It turned out better than I've anticipated! Moist and tender crumbs with golden crust! I can tell you that the cake don't taste much difference compare to using an oven. 


before and after

How to bake a cake using a rice cooker? 1. take out the inner pot 2. grease the inner pot with butter 3. press the 'rapid/steam' button to preheat 4. prepare cake batter and pour into greased inner pot 5. put  the pot into rice cooker, cover and press 'menu' button to select cake baking function 6. press 'cook' button to start the baking process! 7. the cake will be done in 45 mins, remove pot immediately and invert cake onto wire rack to cool down completely....simple?


nice bottom! ^0^



Ingredient
  • 150gm unsalted butter
  • 150gm sugar
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 80gm plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 250gm cake flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 150gm milk
  • 30gm dried cranberries, chopped and coat with some flour

Method
  1. Preheat rice cooker and grease the inner pot with butter. Set aside.
  2. Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
  3. Beat in eggs gradually until fluffy.
  4. Add in yogurt, vanilla and salt and mix lightly.
  5. Sift flour and baking powder in 3 additions, alternate with milk and beat until well incorporated.
  6. Fold in cranberries.
  7. Pour the batter into pot and smooth the surface with a spatula.
  8. Place the pot into rice cooker and select 'bake' function. Cake will be done in 45 mins. Remove the pot immediately and invert the cake (the cake will slide off easily) onto a wire rack to cool completely.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails