Time to bake some berry cakes since they are rather affordable recently! A punnet of fresh raspberries cost only S$4. How to resist the temptations, therefore I bought 2 packs of it! ^0^
A very simple almond butter cake layered with fresh raspberries and raspberries jam. Love the light and moist crumbs and tangy filings, perfect with a cuppa of English tea! Who wanna join me for tea time? ^0^
- 150gm unsalted butter
- 120gm fine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 140gm self-raising flour
- 140gm ground almond
- 250gm fresh raspberry
- 2 heap tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp flaked almond
- icing sugar for dusting
- Combine flour and ground almond, and stir evenly to mix. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at at time, until well combined. Beat in vanilla and almond extract.
- Beat in flour mixture in batches until just combined.
- Spread half of the cake batter into a lined 8" round pan. Scatter the raspberries over, randomly drop tsp of raspberry all over the raspberries.
- Lightly spread the remaining cake batter and scatter the flaked almonds over.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 60mins or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding the cake on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Here I am given the opportunity to involve in a local variety programme named 弹指间的料理 "Touch Screen Cuisine"! I will be appearing on the 10th episode on the 8th June Wednesday. A handful of my blogger friends like Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Alan from Travelling Foodie, Victoria from Victoria Bakes, Sharon from Delishar.com, Diana from Domestic Goddness Wannebe, Kenneth from guaishushu.com etc.....have already featured on the past episodes. Catch the various episodes on Toggle "touch screen cuisine' now if you have missed it! #touchscreencuisine