Who don't like homemade juicy meat patties!? Homemade ones are definitely healthier as no artificial fillers or preservatives are added. This dish is always well received by my kids, especially they love drenching their servings with the Japanese inspired mushroom gravy!
Takes some effort to assemble everything up, but is all worth it!
Japanese Hamgurg Steak
Ingredient (approx. 5 patties)
- 150gm minced pork
- 150gm minced beef
- 100gm enoki mushroom, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs (blended a few slices of wholemeal bread)
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- fresh eggs as needed
Mushroom Sauce :
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp dashi granules
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 120gm shimeiji mushroom
- 2 tbsp cornflour water
- Combine minced meat, enoki mushroom, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Knead till mixture comes together. Cling wrap and chill the mixture in fridge for at least 30mins.
- Remove minced mixture from fridge. Divide equally into 5 portions. Shape into round patties.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in pan. Place in meat patties, lightly indent the centre of the patties with your thumb. (this allow the middle of the meat patties to cook through easily) Pan fried on each side for 5 mins until browned. Remove the cooked meat patties from the pan. Set aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan. Add in water, dashi stock, soy sauce, mirin and sake. Bring to boil. Add in shimeiji mushroom and cook for 1 min. Add in cornflour water to thicken to gravy.
- Using a clean pan, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Crack in eggs cook into sunny side up.
- Meanwhile bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add in some salt and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Add in chopped carrots & broccoli, cook for 2-3 mins. Drain well.
- To assemble : Serve meat patties with steamed rice, ladle some mushroom sauce over. Top with blanched carrots & broccoli and sunny-side up.