This is one of the most simple comfort food which I can't wait to try out with my homemade Kimchi :D Spicy, sour and slightly sweet fried rice...one serving is never enough!
Recipe source : koreanbapsang.com
- 4 cups cooked short grain rice, preferably chilled overnight
- 150gm chicken fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 4 tbsp juice from kimchi
- 2 tbsp apple lemon soy sauce (set aside 1 tbsp for marinate chicken)
- 3 tbsp gochujang, korean chilli pepper paste
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- chopped spring onion for garnish
- Marinate chicken fillet with 1 tbsp apple lemon soy sauce for 30mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add in chicken and stir fry till meat is cooked. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, add in onion and carrots and stir fry till onion is softened.
- Add in chopped kimchi, juice from kimchi and gochujang and chicken. Stir fry until the kimchi turns soft and deep in colour, about 5 mins.
- Add rice along with another 1 tbsp of oil. Stir constantly until everything is well mixed till rice has absorbed all the liquid, about 5 mins. Mix in sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds and toss well. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with fried egg at the side.