You should be familiar with this Bulgogi dish as is quite commonly found at the usual food court whereby it is served in a sizzling hot plate with some side dishes and a bowl of rice. For me I like to have it in the Korean way ie...wrap the grilled meat with fresh lettuce and pop the whole thing into the mouth! hahaha.....
- 300gm skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of black pepper
- 4 tbsp juice from grated Korean Pear
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Marinate chicken slices in seasoning A for at least 1 hour, or overnight in fridge.
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in pan.
- Drain meat from seasoning and pan fry over medium high heat till thoroughly cooked through.
- For spicy version, add in a tbsp of gochujang, korean chilli pepper paste.
- Toss in spring onion and sesame seeds and mix evenly before dishing up. Serve with fresh lettuce.