Hmmm guess no one can resist these tantalizing fried chicken! ^0^ There are so many variations on the marination for thai fried chicken but undoubtedly all should taste fantastic hehehe….Instead of using cupfuls of hot oil for deep frying, I used about 1/2 cup of oil for shallow deep-frying and it still yields a crispy skin and tender juicy meat.
- 1 kg mid-joint chicken wings
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 heap tbsp cliantro stem/roots
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp large grained sea salt
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
Flour Mixture (mix well)
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp tapioca starch
- 4 tbsp rice flour
- Clean the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pound garlic, cilantro roots and salt until they become a fine paste.
- Add the paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce to the chicken and mix well. Marinate overnight in fridge.
- Coat the marinated chicken in the flour mixture and shake any excess flour off.
- Heat about 1/2 cup oil in wok. Gently drop in chicken (in batches) and pan fry for 3 mins, turn over the other side and fry till golden brown. Transfer the fried chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve immediately with Thai sweet chilli sauce.