This is a lovely and healthy oatmeal cookie with lots of bite. Good for jaw exercises hehehe. No butter nor sugar in this recipe, the cookie is sweetened with some dulce de leche and sultanas! Not feeling sinful after popping in a few at one go :D If you like soft and chewy oatmeal cookie, you will like this recipe :D
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (regular, not instant oats)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 3 tbsp dulce de leche
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oat, cinnamon, salt, baking powder & baking soda. Stir evenly to mix.
- Add in oil, dulce de leche, egg, milk, vanilla and sultanas.
- Stir thoroughly until all ingredients are combined.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Shape 1 tbsp of dough into rounds and place on baking sheet. Flatten the dough slightly. (the cookie dough does not spread much)
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20 mins (depending on the size of the cookie) until golden at the edge.
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang's Kitchen.