Mango season is here again if you have noticed :D The cake is soft and fluffy with very distinctive passion fruit flavour though the mango puree added is much more. But I still love the taste of the cake, very light and moist :D One thing about steamed cake is that if over steamed it will not be overcooked unlike baked ones hehehe....
Passion Mango Cake
Recipe Source : Magic Steamed Cake by Alex Goh
- 4 eggs
- 200gm sugar
- 60gm passion fruit pulp
- 150gm mango puree
- 150gm unsalted butter, melted
- 300gm plain flour
- 2 tsp double action baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Using a electric whisk, beat eggs & sugar for 10mins until thick and fluffy.
- Beat in passion fruit pulp and mango puree. Beat in melted butter.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
- Pour batter into a lined 8" cake pan (I used a 9"x5" cake pan & 4" cake pan) and steamed over boiling water for 50mins.
Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011)