Dulce De Leche on Toast
What is Dulce De Leche? Extract from Wikipedia : Dulce de leche is the most common name for milk caramel in Spanish. Made as both a thick jam and a caramel candy, it is prepared by slowly heating sweetened milk to create a product that derives its taste from caramelised sugar. Its origin is widely debated, and it remains popular throughout Latin America, where it is known by this name in Argentina,..."
The first time I come across this term is from Tartelette's Dulce De Leche's Macarons 2 years ago when I was crazing over making macarons. Not until few days ago browse through a few blogger's site and come across this term again :) Therefore I decide to follow Table for 2 method of making Dulce De Leche. Though her method is safe and successful, I could not help worrying the can of milk will explode during the boiling process hahaha...
- Put the can of condensed milk in a pot, on an over turned steaming metal rack. (see pic above)
- Bring it to a boil and lowered it to a simmer and check frequently to ensure the pot didn't dry up and water level is at least 1.5 inches above the can. Pls take extra note on it cos if the pot dry up, the can will be exploded!
- Simmered the can for 3-4 hours.
- Cool the can completely before open it. Do not attempt to open a hot or warm can!!!!
- Stir the content and transfer to an air-tight container and store in fridge.
looks really yummy!
another great idea to eat toast!
Peng, is not as dangerous as what we thought so rite as long as make sure dun let the water dry up. Look forward for your DLL baking :).
So, you've done it! Still feel scared? The grooves on the can are there for expansion. Don't worry as long as the pot doesn't dry up.
Wendy...hahaha cannot go for nap when making this :P
Post a Comment