This is a perfect sweet dessert soup for this scorching weather! Just feel like lazying around at home in this crazy hot weather....zzzzz
- 30gm snow fungus
- 3 blade pandan leaves, knotted
- 2 tbsp Chinese almonds 南北杏
- 2 large red dates (optional)
- 500gm fresh papaya, cut into cubes
- 100gm rock sugar
- Soak snow fungus until soften, for about 15 mins. Trim away the hard yellow section. Cut the snow fungus into small chunks.
- Fill a pot with 2.5 litres water. Add in snow fungus, pandan leaves, Chinese almonds and red dates. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 2 hours. (As I prefer a softer snow fungus, I cook it for 3 hours).
- Peel and cut papaya into cubes. Add rock sugar and papaya, continue to simmer for 10 minutes until the sugar dissolve. Serve warm or chilled.
I love this sweet soup so much that the next I bought another papaya to cook another pot and chill it in fridge to enjoy slowly. This time round I omitted the red dates.