Its been a while I've cook this typical Chinese old cucumber soup for my family! Weather been rather crazy nowadays, hopefully this old cucumber soup will help to relieve our body heatiness!
- 2 medium old cucumber
- 500gm pork ribs
- 1 piece dried cuttlefish
- 8 dried scallops
- 8 red dates
- 2 honey dates
- 1 heap tbsp wolfberries
- Wash and scrub the old cucumber thoroughly. Cut lengthwise into half and scrap away the seeds. Slice into 3 sections. Set aside.
- Rinse cuttlefish and dry fry in a pan over low heat till fragrant. Set aside.
- Rinse and pork ribs. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in pork ribs and blanch for 1 min. Drain away water and rinse well.
- Place blanched pork ribs, cuttlefish, scallops, red dates and honey dates into a deep casserole. Fill in 3L water. Bring to boil.
- Add in sliced old cucumber and cook over high heat for 5 mins.
- Cover with lid and turn down heat to low. Simmer for 2.5 hours. Add in wolfberries and salt to taste and simmer for another 5 mins. Turn off heat and ready to serve!