Durian is in season again!! Have you enjoy your feasting for this season? ^0^ I've bought some MSW (猫山王) again for baking as I like its creamy rich flavour. No additional durian essence is needed in this durian butter cake. The lovely MSW durian puree is enough to make this butter cake pack with durian flavours! Moist, tender crumbs....oooh nice to enjoy a slice with a cuppa of hot tea!
I've adapted the famous Mrs Ng SK's butter cake by adding in addition durian puree to come up with this MSW Durian Butter Cake. After reducing the original sugar amount as the durian puree is sweet, the sweetness of this butter cake is just right!
Ingredient (8" square pan)
- Preheat oven at 160 deg cel. Grease and line the base of the 8" pan with baking paper.
- Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter with 50gm sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in durian puree until well incorporated.
- Add in the flour in 3 additions and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Fold in meringue in 3 batches until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan and level. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding. Cool on rack completely before slicing.
* to create the dark lines in between the cake : spread 1/2 of the cake batter into the pan, dust a thin layer of cocoa powder evenly over. Gently spread remaining batter on top of the cocoa powder layer.
By Peng's Kitchen