Thanks to Bee Bee for blessing my family with her lovely Spooky Speculoos Cream Cheese Tarts! Frankly speaking these speculoos cream cheese tarts were very irresistible, and that point of time I actually did not know what was the base and topping made of! So I went to her blog to find out and I was enlightened! hahahaha the magical ingredients are Speculoos Cookies and Cookie Butter! Both which I never tasted before and now they are one of my essential items in my grocery list. ^0^
Rich, buttery crust accompanied with creamy cheese filling. My hubby not a fan of cheese stuffs, but the kids love them to bits! For me, I like to enjoy this rich cheese tart with a cuppa of black tea.
- 125gm Speculoos cookie crumbs
- 170gm plain flour
- 60gm icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150gm unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Cream Cheese Filling
- 350gm cream cheese, room temp
- 20gm unsalted butter, room temp
- 80gm icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100gm speculoos butter
- Combine Speculoos cookie crumbs with flour and icing powder. Mix well with a whisk.
- Rub cold cubed butter into the flour mixture until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in egg yolk and vanilla. Gently mix into a dough.
- Place about 40gm cookie pastry dough into tart moulds. Prick the base with a fork to release the hot air trapped underneath the tart pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15mins. Remove tart from oven and cool before filling in cheese fillings.
- Fillings : In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, egg and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon filling into tart base. Pipe some speculoos butter over and lightly swirl into cream cheese filings.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10-12 mins until the cream cheese filling is just set.
- Remove tart from oven and cool completely before chilling them in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Recipe ref : honeybeesweets