Which cuppa of tea you prefer, Teh-O, Teh-Si or Teh Si Sui-Dai? hehehe Most of the time I will order my favourite milk tea with less sugar i.e.. Teh Si Sui-Dai. If you are a tea lover, you should like this fusion cupcake which infuse with milk tea flavour, and serve along a cup of Kopi-Oh or Teh-O.
- 1 Lipton black tea bag
- 50ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 60gm unsalted butter
- 50gm brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75gm self-raising flour
- 100ml whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon + 1 tsp sugar
- Place teabag in boiling water and steep for 10 mins. Remove teabag and add in both milk.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in egg until well combine. Add in salt and cinnamon.
- Beat in flour, alternate with milk mixture, until a smooth and thick batter is formed.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat whipping cream on high speed until firm peak form. Spread or pipe cream over cooled cupcakes and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over.
Recipe source : Good Food Magazine Jul 2012